ThirdEye Data Core Competencies in IBM Technology Stack
IBM Cloud Private
ThirdEye has worked on the community edition of IBM Cloud Private – a fully-featured Kubernetes-based platform that runs on any infrastructure.
- Worked on setting up a ICP cluster in manual and automated modes which include setup of boot-master, management, proxy and multiple worker nodes.
- Integrated GlusterFS and NFS storage system with ICP.
- Worked on Calico network policies to secure Pod-to-Pod communications.
- Worked on setting up Prometheus based monitoring of the ICP cluster.
- Setup of a complete Microservices based architecture using SpringBoot and leveraging Netflix OSS and ‘service URL’ option of ICP cluster.
- Ansible based automated setup of ICP cluster.
- YAML based manual deployments of Microservices onto the ICP cluster.
- CI / CD pipeline setup using Atlassian BitBucket as VCS, Bamboo as the automation tool, JFrog Artifactory as binary repository and Helm as the deployment package manager.
IBM Bluemix & Watson
ThirdEye has leveraged IBM Bluemix and Watson Services in the following ways:
- Cloudant and DashDb as backend databases for web applications
- Watson Natural Language Understanding (NLU) for user interactions.
- Watson Assistant for chatbot development.
- Cloud Foundry Application for serverless architecture.
- Language Translator service to support multilingual applications.
- Document Extractor to extract entities from documents.
- Watson Knowledge Studio (WKS) to build custom NLU model.
- IBM Internet of Things (IoT) to read data from sensors.
- Social Media Analytics to understand sentiments.
- Node Red Application to push data from IoT device to Cloudant Database.
IBM Streams & WebSphere
ThirdEye’s team has worked on IBM WebSphere in the following ways:
- IBM Streams as the Streaming Analytics platform
- IBM Websphere as the application server to deploy Java EE based web applications.
- IBM Portal Server as the portal server to deploy portlets.
- IBM MessageBroker as messaging hub.